Researchers at the Institute currently are involved numerous important studies.
Current research projects include:
- Regurgitant valves — evaluation of replacement criteria.
- Progression rate of ventricular dysfunction in aortic regurgitation.
- Progression rate of ventricular dysfunction in mitral regurgitation.
- Recovery of myocardial function after valve surgery — rate of progression and its determinants.
- Interaction of myocardial function and cardiac arrhythmia in predicting outcome of patients with valvular disease.
- Role of valve surgery in mitigating lethal arrhythmias associated with valvular diseases.
- Variation in cardiac gene expression with interposition of abnormal loading stresses modeling those of valvular diseases.
- Impact of associated coronary bypass grafting on survival after valve surgery.
- Utility of aldosterone blockade on patency of vein bypass grafts.